No meal is considered complete without the addition of wheat bread along with a dish for the people of the Indo-Pak subcontinent. This recipe of Bajra-Methi Missi Roti is especially recommended for the people undergoing diabetes. It is made with a blend of two flours that ensures a healthy meal, with a whole lot of nutrients.
Bajra-Methi Missi Roti
Bajra or pearl millet apart from being an extremely great source of protein has a low glycemic index and low on carbs along with high fiber content which when mixed with methi (fenugreek) leaves, further boosts the fiber content of the recipe.
- 200 Gram Bajra flour
- 100 gram Wheat flour
- 250-gram Fenugreek leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Low fat curd
- 1 Green chili, chopped
- 50-gram Low fat paneer
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- Mix well all the ingredients and knead into a stiff dough with the required amount of water.
- Divide into certain portions depending on the size of the bread you want. Roll out into thin rotis and toast on a tawa (skillet) till they are well done.
- Serve hot with green chutney.