This winter, we have a different dessert to share with you. Luxuriate yourself with the goodness of Chukandar (beetroot) with this sweet halwa recipe served along with vanilla ice cream. Made in pure ghee with an added crunch of cashews, this Chukandar Ka Halwa is an absolute delight.
Chukandar Ka Halwa
Chukandar (Beetroot) is a very nutritious vegetable and good for health. It is used in salads, stir-fries, soups, and even sweets. Enjoy this Chukandar Ka Halwa recipe.
- 1 Kg beetroot
- 250 gm ghee
- 300 gm maiwa
- 700 gm sugar
- 100 gm cashew
- 4-gram cardamom powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- Take a big pot and put all beetroots in it, add water, and put on heat to boil. It will take a long time to turn full tender, almost half an hour or so.
- Then remove the beetroots from the water, peel them and grate it in the same way like Gajar Ka Halwa.
- Take a fresh pan, put on medium flame, add ghee, put the grated beetroot, and start stirring properly. After 15-20 minutes when it becomes dry, then add sugar and start again stirring, after 5 minutes add maiwa to it.
- Slow the flame and stir properly for 3-4 minutes, then add nuts, cardamom powder & cashew nuts, etc and stir for a minute only and turn off the heat.
- Beetroot halwa is ready to serve hot with vanilla ice cream.