Are you looking for easy, healthy, and quick to make breakfast recipes? Take your oatmeal to the next level with our savory Desi Masala Oatmeal Breakfast that is using eggs. It’s one of the latest quick recipes, exploding with beneficial heart-healthy ingredients. This Egg Oatmeal Breakfast is delicious, super simple to whip up, and you could even prepare it the night before. It’s the perfect get and go breakfast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 curry leaves dried or fresh
- 2 garlic cloves large
- 1 onion medium
- 1 tomato large, washed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- ½ cup green peas frozen
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs medium
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ lemon fresh, juice
- ½ cup cilantro fresh
Masala Egg Oatmeal Breakfast Recipe
- In a medium pan, heat the oil on average heat and add the curry leaves and garlic. Once they begin to deliver their essences (this occurs pretty soon), add the onion and cook on medium-high heat until the onion is fine and golden.
- Now add the tomato and proceed to heat for 2 minutes on high flame until the tomato is mushy and pulpy.
- It’s time to add the above-mentioned spices along with the chilies and peas. Heat for a minute or until the spices delivers their taste.
- While on high temperature, pour the water and oats into the saucepan and stir. Then break the eggs into your batter. At this stage, mix constantly for 3-4 minutes. This will restrict the batter from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan. Also, you need to ensure the eggs are baked completely. You should end up with a dense and buttery consistency.
- Complete by adding salt, pepper, lemon juice and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve hot and enjoy your desi-licious breakfast!
Calories 374, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 164mg, Sodium 239mg, Potassium 598mg, Carbohydrates 48g, Fiber 10g, Sugar 9g