After we shared with you the delicious Pakistani Achari Murgh recipe, we have received a lot of requests to share more chicken recipes. So here we are! Presenting you the Desi Roast Chicken recipe you will love to try again and again. This recipe is not quick to make as it takes at least one and a half hour but it is simple to make.
Desi Roast Chicken
This dish is all about chicken marinated in desi seasonings like cumin powder, garam masala, fenugreek seeds, turmeric and roasted golden.
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2-3 Leeks
- 1 Garlic
- 3-4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Jeera powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic chili paste
- Dried fenugreek seeds
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Brown sugar
- Dice one onion, carrot, and some leeks. In an oven, tray place the chop vegetables.
- In a pot, add red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala.
- Then add ginger chili paste, kasoori methi (fenugreek seeds), salt, red pepper, and some brown sugar.
- Mix the dough well. Place the chicken in the dough and pour some butter over it.
- Grind the dough well over the chicken piece.
- After marinating for some minutes put the chicken over the vegetable bed. Roast the chicken for 35-45 minutes at 170-180 degrees.
- Serve with ketchup or chatni.