Desi tomato soup is a healthy and easy to make recipe which is loaded with many healthy ingredients and delicious flavor. Dripping plumpy tomatoes and sweet-smelling fennel cooked with onion, cumin, and black pepper to make a desi-licious and lively recipe that takes only half an hour to make. Say this amazing recipe Bon Appetit.
Desi Tomato Soup
Soups are simple to whip up, healthy and give unlimited flavor substitutes. It’s right to say, tomatoes are much incredible! They offer an important source of the antioxidant lycopene. We recognize this antioxidant has been linked with a reduced risk of heart disease and some kinds of cancers.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion medium, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb washed, chopped into small pieces
- 1 potato washed, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 4 tomatoes medium, diced into small cubes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds unsalted
- 1 pomegranate small
- In a medium-sized vessel, heat the oil on average heat and cook the onion and fennel, until fluffy and lightly golden.
- Mix in the potato and tomatoes and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the cumin powder and black pepper and stir well.
- Pour in the water, bring to boil, place lid and cook on moderate heat for 15 minutes or until all the vegetables are baked through.
- Finish with the salt.
- Blend the cooked vegetables in a food processor or blender until bland and smooth.
- Shift into dishes and embellish with seeds and pomegranate kernels. Add the cumin powder and black pepper according to your taste and mix well.
Calories 333, Fat 16g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sodium 458mg, Potassium 1357mg, Carbohydrates 45g, Protein 8g, Vitamin A 1471IU, and Vitamin C 52mg.