Gajar Ka Halwa is a traditional dessert of the Indo-Pak subcontinent. Known to have originated in Punjab, it is a must-have recipe during the cold months of winter. However, you can make this for special events as it is everyone’s favorite dessert after dinner. Here is the recipe to give your family a surprise with this sweet dish.
Gajar Ka Halwa
Grated carrots and milk are the primary ingredients of Gajar Ka Halwa. A whole lot of nuts make this an excellent choice to satisfy those post-meal dessert cravings.
- 1 Kg carrot
- 1 1/2 liter milk
- 8 green cardamoms
- 5-7 tbsp ghee
- 5-7 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp almonds, shredded
- 2 tbsp dates, chopped
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Boil in milk with the cardamom until the fluid evaporates.
- Heat ghee in a large pan and add the carrot mash.
- Cook over a moderate flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in sugar and continue simmering until the halwa turns a dark reddish color.
- Sprinkle dried fruits and serve