Garlic Lime Rice is a clove of aromatic garlic and lime cooked steamed rice recipe. It is very basic and simple to prepare. We made these to accomplish our Thai Massaman curry. But you can make them with any Thai curry or any other ordinary curry.
Garlic Lime Rice
This is a vegetarian dish with a lot of health benefits as it uses many medicated herbs. But if you want a touch of non-veg, try this Keema Biryani recipe.
- Garlic 8-9 cloves
- Lime 1
- Rice 2 cups
- Fresh red chili 1
- Chicken powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp or as required
- Oil 4-5 tbsp
- Fresh coriander chopped 1/2 cup
- Soak rice for 1/2 hour.
- In a pot add 4-5 oil with diced garlic.
- Add in chopped red chilies. Mix for a few seconds.
- Now add 3 cups water, chicken powder, and salt according to your taste and leave it for a boil.
- Throw all water from soaked rice add them in boiling water.
- Boil on high heat for few minutes.
- When all water evaporates, squeeze lime on it and add diced fresh coriander. Put lime slices on it.
- With the cover on cooking it on very low heat for another 10 minutes.
Garlic lime rice is ready to serve.