Are you ready for barbecue season? Learn how to cook this Grilled Tandoori Chicken with desi style. This mouthwatering dish is savory, tangy, and smoked to perfection! It is a perfect recipe for when you’re strapped for time and looking for a wholesome, low carb, and pleasing option for the family. It can be grilled on the barbecue or oven.
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori chicken is a recipe marinated in yogurt and spices and roasted in a tandoor which is a cylindrical clay oven. You can quickly make this recipe likewise at home by using an outdoor grill or in an oven.
- 1 chicken skinless, 8 pieces
- 1 kiwi golden
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2-inch ginger fresh
- 1 cup yogurt 2% fat
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 cardamons black
- 1 lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp aniseed powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- In a blender, add kiwi, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno and blend until creamy consistency. Set aside.
- In a deep bowl, add the rest of the ingredients – except the chicken and mix well.
- Mix the kiwi mixture with the spice-yogurt blend.
- Add the chicken and mix until all the pieces are covered. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Make the grill by brushing a little oil onto the (clean and preheated) BBQ grills right before cooking. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 15 minutes, rolling pieces once or twice
- Brush chicken with the marinade sauce and proceed to grill for about another 10-15 minutes, turning infrequently. Chicken is done when the waters drain out.
- Remove chicken from the grill. Let the meat cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 420ºF. Oil a wire rack and set it on top of the baking layer. Set chicken on rack and grill for about 30-35 minutes, or until waters drain out