This easy butter chicken recipe is a healthy food that can be cooked in 30 minutes. Cubes of chicken breast marinated in garlic and spices – simmered in a delicious and creamy butter chicken masala. Keep reading to learn how to make restaurant-style butter chicken at your home instantly.
Butter Chicken Recipe
This butter chicken recipe is regarded as the national food because it is widely made across the country. Be it parties or just a friendly dinner, this recipe is a must. The butter chicken gravy is everything when we talk about an actual murgh makhani recipe. The coriander powder, cumin, and garam masala give tasty sweet-smelling tones to this meal.
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast, chopped in small cubes
- 5 garlic large cloves, powdered
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder red
- 1½ tsp salt sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 onion large, finely diced
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder whole seeds blended into a powder
- ⅔ cup cream 35% fat
- ½ tsp salt sea salt
- In a large pot, add chicken, garlic, chili, and turmeric. Blend well, ensuring the cubes are covered with the seasoning mix. Store in the fridge and marinate for at least 10 minutes. Meantime, clean, prepare and gather the remaining ingredients.
- Set your pot to the saute setting. Add butter and once melted, mix in the onions. Saute for some minutes.
- Add the chicken, mix and simmer for a minute before adding tomatoes, coriander, and cumin. Put the cover and close your pot and keep cooking for further 2 minutes.
- Let the pot release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure, and open the lid.
- Stir in the cream, ½ tsp salt and garnish with garam masala, and dried fenugreek leaves. Serve hot with rice, roti, or naan.