Biryani is also known as the wedding dish for the people of the subcontinent that has able to unify the people from across the region through its taste. Its hot aromatic flavors have touched the soul of each one of us. As previously, we shared with you the amazing recipe of fish biryani, this time we have decided to try something different. Here is the Keema Biryani recipe which is a delicious combination of rice with fragrant spices.
Keema Biryani Recipe
It is a classic rice dish recipe for dinner feasts with mates and family, to fascinate everyone with your cooking skills.
- 500gm Rice
- 1 cup Almonds
- 5 Raisin
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp red chili powder
- 500gm keema
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- black cardamom
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp mace
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 cloves
- Wash and soak the rice in water for some time.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon, mace, black peppercorns, and cloves. Cool and crush to a fine powder.
- Blanch almonds in water, skin them and cut into little bits. Chop raisins finely. Heat desi ghee in a pot and add sliced onions. Cook on low heat.
- Whisk yogurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander powder, black cardamom, and red chili powder and add it to the onions. Cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add keema and saute. Add salt and garam masala. Cook for some time.
- Add a cup of water and leave it to boil. Shift the keema to another container. Add milk, butter, almonds, and raisins.
- Boil the rice. Add rose water and salt and stir.
- Put half of the rice into the mixture. Add some mint leaves and ginger. Then put the rest of the mixture on top and then the rice.
- Cover it and leave it to cook.
- Serve the keema biryani hot.