Kheer is a delicious dessert that is widely served in Ino-Pak subcontinent families with many varieties from simple rice kheer to paneer kheer, an so on. Khajoor Kheer recipe is a dessert that is cooked with dates, rice, milk, green cardamom powder and is garnished with almond flakes and pistachios. This delightful recipe is suitable for serving on special occasions like happy celebrations and festivals.
Khajoor Kheer Recipe
Khajoor Kheer recipe is easy to cook which is tasty and healthy dessert at the same time with no added sweetener. Dates are a great source of magnesium, fiber and contain zero cholesterol which makes them an essential ingredient of this recipe.
- 1litres milk
- ½ cup of rice
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 2 cup black dates
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- To start with, wash rice and soak them in fresh water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, take a chopping board and dice dates into small pieces, slice pistachios, and peel almonds.
- Set the pot over medium flame and mix in rice, dates, and milk in it. Cook the rice for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Add almond slices and minced pistachios in the pot. Mix well and cook for further 4-5 minutes.
- Now add cardamom powder in the kheer and stir thoroughly. Turn the flame off and allow the kheer to cool down.
- Garnish your kheer with almonds flakes and pistachios and serve. You can also refrigerate the kheer for up to 1 hour and serve chilled.