Our next mouth-watering dish is Lahori Red Chicken Karahi that can be cooked in half an hour. This dish is prepared with tomatoes and chicken. No yogurt is used in this recipe. Red chili powder is the essential ingredient of Lahori red chicken karahi which gives it a deep red color; also the tomatoes could not be ignored. This dish is specially brought to you by Pakistan’s late legendry food expert Zubaida Tariq.
Lahori Red Chicken Karahi
It is said that delicious food can turn your mood on instantly. Make this delightful and delicious Lahori Red Chicken Karahi and enjoy in your bad mood.
- Chicken (16 pieces) 1
- Lemon 2
- Green chilies diced 4
- Clarified butter 1 cup
- Green coriander diced 1 bunch
- Tomato chopped ½ kg
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Roasted white cumin 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Karahi masala 1 tbsp
- Ginger chopped 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- First of all, wash chicken pieces and set them on fire with 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and salt to taste till water dries.
- Then add ½ kg diced tomato and 1 tbsp red chili powder and cook till tomato water dries.
- Now add 1 tbsp karahi masala, 1 tsp powdered black pepper, 1 tsp roasted white cumin, and 1 cup oil to cook a little.
- At last, add 2 tbsp chopped ginger, 4 chopped green chilies, 1 chopped green coriander, and 2 lemon juice to mix and serve hot.