Namkeen chicken recipe is one of the most loved recipes of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, quick to prepare, and it tastes heavenly. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Apart from that, this recipe can also be prepared with beef or mutton. This recipe is known to be originated from the northern parts of Pakistan. Also check out this Peshawar Chapli Kabab recipe.
Namkeen Chicken Recipe
Peshawari namkeen karahi is also a very delicious substitute for the usual chicken karahi recipe, as it offers the savorer a new range of flavors and nutritional benefits.
- 1 Kg Chicken – Cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons Black pepper – crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Large Onion – cut into four
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
- Cut the chicken according to your desired size. We prefer cutting them into small pieces.
- Add the baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in some water and soak the chicken in it for 15 minutes.
- Now take a pan with a flat base, and heat oil in it. The quantity of the oil depends on the size of the pan but it should be enough to cover about 3/4″ to 1 inch of the chicken pieces when they are being fried.
- Add in the salt and stir it.
- Add the chicken and fry it on medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not cover the pan.
- Then turn the sides and fry for another 4 – 5 minutes. Make sure that all sides are cooked so you might need to stir the chicken. We aim to keep the chicken juicy. We do not want a dried out or crispy chicken.
- Once the chicken is almost done, add in the green chilies and stir them around for about 2 minutes for added taste.
- Serve hot with naan or chapati.