Kheer is the classical Indo-Pak subcontinent dessert that is simple to make and completely enchanting to savor! This kheer recipe made of red rice vermicelli is an easy recipe that you can make in about 30 minutes. Stuffed with the essence of almonds and embellished with saffron strands, this kheer is a tempting choice to prepare during festivals and special occasions.
Kheer is a popular sweet dish for the people of Pakistan and India and is often prepared for special happy events like weddings. It is healthy food as its main ingredient is milk that will give you instant energy.
- 60 gms red rice vermicelli / broken sooji/semolina vermicelli
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 8-10 saffron strands/thread
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan and add almonds and sauté it for a minute.
- Keep the flame on medium and add the vermicelli. Sauté it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it forms some color.
- Pour milk to it and cook it on a medium flame for about 5 minutes or until it comes to a fine boil.
- Now add cardamom powder, saffron strands, sugar and cook for another 5 minutes on medium flame or till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Red Rice Vermicelli Kheer is now ready.
Before serving it, garnish it with some more almonds and saffron strands.