If you need to learn how you make the best tikka masala sauce from scratch, then you are in the right place. This deliciously luscious vegan tikka masala recipe is packed with plant-based ingredients and the entire easy and healthy ethnic recipe to serve a family. Chickpeas and regional asparagus cooked in a thick tomato-coconut sauce brewed with cumin, turmeric, and fresh cilantro are what every vegetarian will want to try again and again.
Vegan Tikka Masala
This Vegan Tikka Masala recipe is totally a different addition to the list of vegan recipes. You can further add the vegetables, legumes, spices and herbs, and whatever you like to have in your dish. It is naturally gluten-free and an equally favorite for vegans and non-veg alike.
- 300 g asparagus
- 4 tbsp creamed coconut
- 4 tbsp water hot
- 2 cups chickpeas cooked
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf large
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 jalapeno large
- Begin with preparing the asparagus; cut the ends, and chop into medium pieces.
- Make the coconut sauce by mixing 4 tbsp of coconut cream with 4 tbsp of hot water If using canned chickpeas, drain and soak thoroughly. Begin the tikka masala sauce, heat olive oil on low/medium heat, and add cumin, bay leaf, and asafoetida.
- Once the cumin seeds release their essence, add tomato sauce. Set the heat to medium and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut sauce along with turmeric and mix well.
- Add the asparagus and jalapeno, mix thoroughly to cover the pieces with the tikka masala sauce, cover, and cook for 5-6 minutes. You want the asparagus pieces to be slightly crunchy and not mushy.
- Add chickpeas along with fresh cilantro and salt then cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve your veggie tikka masala hot with lime.